Whether it’s a busy workday or a lazy weekend, there are certain days we just aren’t feeling the time and effort required to do our makeup. It’s okay, friends. We’re human.
During the pandemic, many of us (myself included) took a long and freeing hiatus from wearing makeup regularly, and to be honest, it did wonders for my skin. Why? Because it gave me the chance to reset and revise my skincare routine (not to mention replace a lot of my old products).
The result has been healthy, nourished, and radiant skin, which gives me the freedom to go days without wearing makeup and still feel confident.
If you’re craving the confidence to step boldly out into the world with a fresh face, here are some steps you can take to elevate your skincare routine and achieve a healthy glow.
Cleanse, smooth, moisturize, repeat.
- Wash your face twice every day—once in the morning and once at night—with a high-quality cleanser.
- Exfoliate 2-3 times a week to keep your skin smooth and free from dead skin cell buildup.
- Follow exfoliation with a hydrating toner to clarify skin and prep it for moisturizer.
- Use a facial oil and/or eye serum for enhanced radiance, hydration, and suppleness.
- Keep your skin moisturized (with a product that contains hyaluronic acid) and protected from the sun.
- Bonus tip: apply a hydrating face mask a few times a week as a self-care treat.
Minimize the appearance of dark spots, fine lines, wrinkles, and acne.
- Try a DIY face mask made with natural ingredients you already have at home.
- Eating more of these foods, which can help to heal darks spots from the inside out.
- Aloe vera can help heal darks spots and acne; try using it in your daily skincare routine.
- Help your body create more collagen naturally by eating more of certain types of foods.
More things you can do to achieve a no-makeup glow.
- Create a healthy lifestyle for yourself by eating well, drinking plenty of water, and getting enough sleep and exercise.
- A diet rich in antioxidants is ideal for protecting your skin against free radicals and reducing inflammation. The latter is especially beneficial to those who suffer from facial puffiness.
- Accentuate your brows and lashes without makeup by using a brow or lash growth serum.
- When you do wear makeup, stay away from matte foundations, as they tend to clog pores, sit in fine lines and creases, and even dehydrate the skin.
- Instead, use cream foundations and blushes, which blend better into the skin and look more natural than powders.
- Our cream makeup collection from Carlucce, for example, provides all-day hydration by using 100% organic plant oils and extracts that are good for your skin.
What other tips/tricks do you have for creating a no-makeup glow? I’d love to hear about them in the comments!